Thursday, February 23, 2012

But I Don't Wanna Start A New Army!


They more than tempt me, they command me.
Well, they're finally here, and my ADD has kicked in again. That's right, Thunderwolf Cavalry. Now, I know the first two things you're going to say. One, if you don't want to start a new army, just don't. Two, weren't you just going on about Grey Knights a little while ago?

The answers are thus:

1.) Painting armies is what keeps me sane. I need this to keep from getting overwhelmed by work and school pretty much every day. This is my outlet, and without it I'll go a bit nuts.

2.) Yeah, but I've had a few Space Wolves minis laying around my gaming closet for a while now, and it's about time they got some lovin'.

Now, this is not an immediate thing. I still have the items listed in my "Coming Attractions" section off to the right (two Venoms, a Raider, and three Kabalite Trueborn). These minis will also need a Battlefoam bag to keep them from getting smashed into 6,450, 862 individual tiny bits during transport. What this is is a plan for the future. I've intentionally kept my list limited to as few boxes of stuff as possible. This will keep me from having any left over dudes, and I'll minimize my spending as much as possible.

Here's the list:

HQ
Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf with Frost Weapon- 180 pts.

ELITES
Dreadnought w/ 2 twin-linked Autocannons- 125 pts.
Dreadnought w/ 2 twin-linked Autocannons- 125 pts.

TROOPS
5 Grey Hunters w/ Power Fist, Meltagun; Razorback w/ twin-linked Lascannon- 180 pts.
5 Grey Hunters w/ Power Fist, Meltagun; Razorback w/ twin-linked Lascannon- 180 pts.
5 Grey Hunters w/ Power Fist, Meltagun; Razorback w/ twin-linked Lascannon- 180 pts.
5 Grey Hunters w/ Power Fist, Meltagun; Razorback w/ twin-linked Lascannon- 180 pts.

FAST ATTACK
4 Thunderwolf Cavalry w/ Thunder Hammer, 4 Storm Shields- 350 pts.
4 Thunderwolf Cavalry w/ Thunder Hammer, 4 Storm Shields- 350 pts.

TOTAL
1,850 points

The list has plenty of Thunderwolves, but they come out to an even three boxes (since I'm going to be making my Wolf Lord out of plastic) and there are no wasted parts. I will, of course, have leftover Aegis Defense Line pieces, but all I have to do is glue them down to some hardboard and they're some more (always welcome) terrain. The list is a bit light on number of models (35), but all I can do is suck it up and blame my 350 point Thunderwolf squads.

This (next) project will probably start in a few months. Stay tuned folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment