Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dark Eldar- Now With More Spam!

Well, I've been going over my Dark Eldar list in my head, and I've decided that maybe, just maybe, it could use a touch more darklight. While this list may not quite count as spam, it does add a few more Blasters, as well as two more Wyches into the mix. The additional anti-armor / anti-monstrous-creature capability may just outweigh the Harmonculus and four Incubi I'll lose. Note that I'll still have eight Incubi, so I'm not scrapping them, but from all I've read Dark Eldar really don't want to get into a straight-up fight with their enemies. They want to lay down harrassing fire and sweep in on objectives late in the game. Even better, they want to simply table their foes. Blasters have the advantage over Incubi in that they'll nuke three Space Marines (assuming one misses or fails to wound) per turn. Incubi can potentially dish out more damage, but they don't inflict Instant Death on their targets like the Blasters do. Each have their own roles on the battlefield, but each have their own drawbacks. If the Trueborn get de-Venomed they're in trouble. If the Incubi assault and get swarmed, they're going to get (rather quickly) eliminated.

Well, I've rambled enough. On with the army list!

HQ
2 Haemonculi w/ Liquifier Guns- 120 pts.

ELITES
4 Incubi; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 153 pts.
4 Incubi; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 153 pts.
4 Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4 Blasters; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 173 pts.

TROOPS
5 Wracks w/ Liquifier Gun; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 125 pts.
5 Wracks w/ Liquifier Gun; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 125 pts.
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster & Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 185 pts.
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster & Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 185 pts.
9 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades & one pair of Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 218 pts.
9 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades & one pair of Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 218 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/ Flickerfield
Ravager w/ Flickerfield
Ravager w/ Flickerfield

TOTAL
2,000 points

A bit more Darklight, a bit less hand-to-hand combat bite. I think the tradeoff is worthwhile.

As before, the Haemonculi will go with the Incubi to hand over a Pain Token. They will then be used for crowd control, as their Liquifier Guns deny Space Marines an armor save 1/3 of the time. Swarms will sweat at the sight of teardrop templates, and hopefully will spread out to avoid them, but failing that I've got a TON of Poisoned (4+) shots to keep them at bay. The endgame is not neglected, as I have Wyches to either pry off, or better yet eliminate objective squatters. All of my units fulfil multiple roles on the battlefield, so they won't ever be left wanting for targets.

Hopefully I have all my bases well (or at least better) covered with this list. The reasoning behind adding the Blaster Trueborn to my list is simple- I figured out how to turn a Blast Pistol and a Shredder into a Blaster. Combined with one more box of Kabalite Warriors, this creates a full four Blasters, just enough to fill out a squad.

Well, that's the latest iteration of my Dark Eldar. Here's hoping they work out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment