Sunday, September 15, 2013

A More Modest List For More Modest Games

So Demitra informed me that the local Infinity scene is pretty much all starter box games, which is cool. To that end I slapped together a list half the size of the last one. No TAG, no bells and whistles, just basic stuff.

We all have humble beginnings.
 NOMADS

 GROUP 1 (Regular: 7/Irregular: 0):

 ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
 ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
 ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
 SECURITATE Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (23)
 SIN-EATER HMG / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 34)
 MOBILE BRIGADA MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (43)
 ZERO Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)

 2 SWC | 148 Points

It's a 150 point list, so basically a starter box plus one mini. If a starter box game is desired, I'm all set. If a slightly bigger game is the order of the day, that's cool too.

Demitra has been sniffing around the rules recently, and while I don't expect him to pick up the game (especially with all the WHFB Empire stuff he has laying around waiting for paint) it's kind of nice that he's at least interested in how the game plays. As far as I'm concerned, he's got HordesMachine to play when he's not at my place, and I've got Infinity. It's a symmetry I can deal with.

All that being said, with both the comic book shop and Huzzah Hobbies potentially starting up Infinity, I'll have to consider where I game carefully, as while it's a game likely to be a flash in the pan like Dust was, I want to get as much out of this game as I can, since I'm planning on putting away $10 or so per paycheck in order to attend the NOVA Open Infinity tournament next year- price be damned. I will need practice, I will need opponents with fair sized forces, and I will need a decent number of games. While I don't want to belittle my usual Infinity gaming buddy, Playing all my games against Haqqislam is not the best way to feel out all the factions, how they play, and how various opponents think.

Plus I really ought to get my hands on the Paradiso book...

1 comment:

  1. Funny story: I was sniffing around for Infinity stuff at Game Parlor and the only thing they had was Paradiso.

    ReplyDelete