Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nearing The End Of The Road?

Today was a special day. I placed the order I had been waiting to place this last week- the last of the minis I'll need to finish my 2,000 points of Dark Eldar are in the mail. Of course, I won't be stopping here, I still need 2 more Venoms full of Wracks and a Beastmaster unit (while I'm at it I might as well convert up a Baron Sathonyx), but first, Battlefoam. Once I'm done with painting the incoming minis I'll be investing in a bag to transport these fragile little suckers around in.

It'll be a real test of discipline not to simply throw everything together once it arrives. I'm a big fan of putting models together, and with all those nifty keen sets lying around I'll have to be on my best behavior not to put them all together and slap some spraypaint on them. That'll mess up my whole "build one then paint it" plan, which is how I can power through all these minis.

In addition, the concept of tournaments crossed my mind (again) today. It seems that they all center around the 1,850 point mark, and I have no current army list at that point value. Thus tonight's activity of putting together what I'd field at this point level. It,s a somewhat stripped down version of my 2,000 point list, slightly reigned in in the Elites department (with the inability to afford as many Incubi as normal, I squeezed more into a single unit). The Haemonculi now run around with the Wyches, giving them the Pain Token instead of the Incubi. It'll make the Wyches a more capable close combat unit, resigning the Incubi to the "mop up" role they're designed for. As usual, a fair number of Venoms, lots of Darklight, six Troops choices, and mobility out the wazoo.

HQ
2 Haemonculi w/ Liquifier Guns- 120 pts.

ELITES
5 Incubi; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 175 pts.
4 Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4 Blasters; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 173 pts.

TROOPS
5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 125 pts.
5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 125 pts.
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster & Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 185 pts.
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster & Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 185 pts.
9 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades, Shardnet & Impaler; Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 208 pts.
9 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades, Shardnet & Impaler; Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 208 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/ Flickerfield- 115 pts.
Ravager w/ Flickerfield- 115 pts.
Ravager w/ Flickerfield- 115 pts.

TOTAL
1,849 points

Yeah, another army list, but next time I'll have another Venom (and probably the last two Nomads minis I have to paint up) for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment