Sunday, January 15, 2012

1,500 Point Dark Eldar Army List- Ultimate Destination

As I stated in my previous post, my first army list is just a rough mock-up of where I want my army to go. Once I have the mext three purchases down, I'll be ready to field the 1,500 point army I want to. As noted, the previous army lacks a Raider for the Kabalite Warriors. I've fixed that in this army list, dropping a squad of Incubi and a Haemonculus in favor of more Wych Weapons and a pair of Raiders. My desired army list is:

HQ
Haemonculus w/ Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade; Haemonculus w/ Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade, Shattershard- 145 pts.

ELITES
4 Incubi; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 153 pts.
4 Incubi; Venom w/ Splinter Cannon- 153 pts.

TROOPS
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 185 pts.
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 185 pts.
10 Wyches w/ 1 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet & Impaler; Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 200 pts.
10 Wyches w/ 1 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet & Impaler; Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfield- 200 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/ Flickerfield- 115
Ravager w/ Flickerfield- 115

TOTAL
1,491 points
This version of the army loses twelve Splinter Cannon shots, but it gains a lot of mobility and two Dark Lance shots. The assault capability suffers a bit, but there is the addition of a Shattershard. This is one of the best anti-character weapons out there, as if the model fails a Toughness test they are simply removed from play. No saves, no Feel No Pain, nothing.

I'm a bigger fan of this configuration, but it calls for three more vehicles, which is a while away.

2 comments:

  1. 9 points seems like a lot to be just floating around. Surely you can bolt on some searchlights or the DE equivalent? Also, I thought you were taking the least HQ possible to focus on the meat of the list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the bare minimum HQ this army can run with, as I need the Haemonculi to transfer Pain Tokens to the Incubi. Also, the Shattershard is me filling out those last few points. I can't find anything (useful) to give to the Haemonculi, and their Venom Blades are already a stretch, as they should be running away from close combat as fast as they can after dropping off their friends. This army has 4 Troops choices, maximum sized to fit in a raider. My alternate "Troops" choices (wracks) are actually Elites that become Troops when you take a Haemonculus as an HQ.

    All in all it's a fairly solid list (according to the interwebz) that could only be improved by removing the Wyches and taking more Kabalites in Venoms. We'll see what becomes of the Wyches, but I'm fairly confident that if I'm careful with them they'll perform just fine.

    ReplyDelete