Saturday, April 2, 2011

Run Through The Gauntlet

Well, I finally broke down and joined DakkaDakka. The reason I did so was to run my Dark Eldar list past some people who actually play them. Turns out I was close to the mark, but not quite on. Without further ado, here's my newest list:

HQ
-2x Haemonculi with Liquifier Gun

Elites
-7x Incubi; Raider with Flickerfield
-7x Incubi; Raider with Flickerfield

Troops
-10x Kabalite Warriors with Dark Lance; Raider with Flickerfield
-10x Kabalite Warriors with Dark Lance; Raider with Flickerfield
-10x Wyches with 1x Shardnet & Impaler; Hekatrix with Agoniser; Raider with Flickerfield
-10x Wyches with 1x Shardnet & Impaler; Hekatrix with Agoniser; Raider with Flickerfield

Heavy Support
-Ravager with Flickerfield
-Ravager with Flickerfield
-Ravager with Flickerfield

It's a pretty compact army, and I'm not too sure how it'll do against horde armies, but it's mobile. The army will (of course) be a bit more expensive cash-wise, but it at least looks like it'll pack a bit more punch.

I'm not too sure how I feel about dropping the Archons for Haemonculi, but the fact that they have access to the template-dropping Liquifier Gun is a reassurance against hordes. Plus they start the Incubi out with a Pain Token (whatever that does- I really need to buy the Codex).

Here's hoping this list will bring me victory. Now to trim it down to 500, 750, 1,000, 1,250, 1,500, and 1,750 point increments.

2 comments:

  1. Pain tokens give your units extra stuff depending on how many the unit has. I forget the particulars, but I think it's something like:

    1 - Furious Charge
    2 - Feel No Pain (this one I'm pretty sure of)
    3 - Fearless

    I think the unit gets one each time it kills something? I never knew exactly how it worked, just picked up some bits and bobs in battle reports and internet postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went ahead and grabbed the Codex yesterday. The progression is; Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Fearless. They get a token every time they destroy something that isn't a vehicle.

    There's an exploit in the rules (which, I must say I do intend to use) that allows you to shift a Pain Token from the Haemonculus to the Incubi squad by having the character join and then leave the unit. Since the Haemonculus is only there to hose things down with his Liquifier Gun, the Pain Token is much better left on the Incubi, who will be risking their necks in melee. Of course, fat lot of good Feel No Pain will do against an army of Force Weapons...

    Not too sure how I'm going to like the Poisoned guns the army carries, but then again the units are there purely for their Dark Lances.

    ReplyDelete