Monday, April 11, 2011

Squad Complete!

Victory is mine!
Well, I finished that accursed Raider last night, I hope you'll agree it goes with the squad without being "too green". I'm debating adding a Dark Eldar rune decal to the sail, as right now it's just a big field of purple.

The next step is deciding what style of accents to add to the miniatures' bases. I have the static grass shown in the picture, as well as some "dead" looking static grass, and some blended turf.

Once that step is completed, it's on to varnishing. There's debate here as well. Do I go with a "satin" looking varnish to keep a touch of shine on the minis? Do I go with good ol' Testors Dullcote to totally eliminate shine? I'm just not sure what Dark Eldar armor should look like.

I'm glad to have put this much of a dent in the army already, and now it's just a waiting game. My order for Incubi and Haemonculi is still processing, so it may be a while before more of a dent in put into painting these guys. I may need to go grab another Raider to keep my hands busy.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I like the way you painted your squad. Well done! The only thing I can say is that I miss a bit more detail. I am curious how it evolves next. Come and visit my site and leave a comment.

    Greetings Mario

    http://miniaturen-maken-met-mario.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words! The next step is to add an Incubi squad to the army, followed by a squad of Wyches. This will get me to 500 points, which is where Demitra and I would like to start gaming with our "baby armies".

    I will indeed check out your blog. Don't worry about the quality of your paint jobs. I long ago came to the conclusion that if your army is painted it's fine by me. You should see how many armies don't even get primer on them around here, let alone paint!

    ReplyDelete