Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well, here it is- my very own wargaming blog. The first entry will be brief (and likely misspelled) because I am at work and have very little time remaining before I must return home.

Today I had a game against a Red Scorpions army with both the Chapter Master and Chief Librarian. This game was not fun. A quick rundown of the models' abilities if you will.

-Chapter Master: Strength 6, 4+ Invulnerable save, Terminator Armour (I will, for 40k purposes, use the snooty British spelling), Weapon Skill 6, an extra attack for each point his Weapon Skill exceeds his target's, and Eternal Warrior. Wrecked Belial in a single round of hand-to-hand combat. Granted, Belial is not the strongest HQ, but still...

-Cheif Librarian: a psychic ability that gives him a 2+ Invulnerable save (which CANNOT be countered), the ability to use three psychic abilities per turn, and the dude knows almost every psychic ability in the book.

My poor, freshly painted Deathwing army got tabled. I wasn't even able to put up a fight.


...And this on the heels of a crushing loss to Teclis. To be honest, I never should have moved my unit into those woods, but Teclis?

Any way, I'm looking forward to a friendly game against Demitra this week, so win or lose it should at least be an enjoyable game. Also, I may go looking for an unfriendly game with my Plague Marines tomorrow.

I'm beginning to worry that the local gaming scene is re-igniting the Powergamer Gene in me. I really don't want to be the guy who runs two Hellpit Abominations, but c'mon- Teclis? Double HPA suddenly doesn't look so bad in comparison, and I'll save some points over my big block of Rat Ogres...

Food for thought I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment