Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What A Bunch Of Knuckleheads

Ready to off some heroes.
My Super Dungeon Explore collection continues to inch toward completion. Last night and this morning saw the final touches being applied to the above Kobold Knuckleheads. These guys, along with Gougers, are the most common enemies the heroes will encounter in the dungeon. In the pictures on the cards these fellows (and all of the kobolds for that matter) are depicted a lot darker on their cards, but I primed all of my models white for a reason! No, not because I'm a glutton for punishment (painting over white primer is a nightmare), but because I wanted a bright, attractive set of miniatures to game with. I think I've achieved that with these minis.
Now I'm waiting for the Baal Red wash to dry on the Flingers. I stocked up on this stuff at my FLGS yesterday, as it's out of production and it's a key element to painting a red that transitions smoothly between highlights. Also because the new red glaze from Citadel (Bloodletter) is just awful. Seriously, don't waste your money on it.

Including the above Flingers, I have 14 more minis to go. Maybe I'll even be able to get a game in with my fully painted set soon. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment