Saturday, May 5, 2012

Final Results And A Bummer

Well, I went 2&1 in the tournament, and despite having the only fully painted and based army and playing friendly to a fault, I ended up with no placing of any kind, which is bummer number one. I'm a bit miffed about the whole painted army thing, but oh, well. Life goes on.

The real bummer last night is that my Friendly Not So Local Games Workshop is shutting down. The store is getting packed up and moved down the street about a quarter mile. That in itself wouldn't be so bad, but the store is becoming a one man store. A shame that, as my orders from now on will be placed on the internet, and my games will be played at home or in friends' basements. Game Parlor is out, as games happen on days I have to work. I'm just so glad I just spent hundreds of dollars on an army I was supposed to use to get out of the house and game with.

Time to start pimping Infinity I suppose. It's nice to have a game where you can spend about $100 and never have to buy another miniature. It's not nice to not have a player base. Now if I can get people's scheduled to synch up...

Any way, fare thee well GW Springfield, I barely knew ye.

No comments:

Post a Comment