Friday, June 24, 2011

Ready to Rock

Ready to kick some Orc butt.
Well, I got another match against the Orc army that so thoroughly trounced me last time set up. I'm looking forward to some vengeance, but to be honest I'm a touch worried about the greater volume of units my opponent will be bringing to the table. That's one downfall of elite armies, your opponent can drop cheap units to see how you're going to deploy. With only five units plus characters, the Orcs & Goblins will easily be able to out-deploy me.

I'm not too worried about most of the Orc army, to be honest. The only unit that truly terrifies me is the Black Orcs. Those guys can crank out a sufficient volume of high-strength (5 if I'm not mistaken) attacks to shred my units before they get to swing. If the army I'll be facing is anything like the last army I was up against, my Ironguts will have to make a choice between going after the Black Orcs to eliminate them as a threat or attacking the enemy general's Orc Boyz bunker in an attempt to cut the head off the snake. I guess I'll have to make that decision on the fly.

I'll try to remember to take my camera with me for this game so I can post a battle report once I'm done.

For now, however, it's off to paint my movement trays and maybe to my almost-local G. W. to get a practice game in.

No comments:

Post a Comment