Thursday, July 19, 2012

Njal & Co.

They need some love.
Well, I know some of my readership just isn't fond of army lists, so feel free to skip this post.

My Space Wolves have sat in their box for too long! In particular these fellows, who have been painted but never fielded. This is because the interwebz say Wolf Guard Terminators are just way too expensive. I threw together an army list, and boy am I inclined to agree. I'll show you in a few minutes, but first my thinking.

Demitra and I have been attempting to "break the mold" of "internet wisdom". This is to say we've been re-tweaking our army lists and putting stuff in them we just plain want to field, rather than what we "should" field. I've had a squad of Space Wolf Terminators sitting in my figure case for who knows how long, and they need to come out and play. As I'm without any real "need to paint" minis, I'll whip out my Land Raider Crusader that's been sitting half-finished in my gaming closet ever since I bought this army. Should I finish that, my Wolf Priest and even my last Grey Hunter squad will feel the sweet caress of the paintbrush soon too. I'm going to try to un-burn-out myself on these fellows, since it's really a shame to leave them half finished in my case.

Any way, here's what I'm thinking:

HQ
Njal Stormcaller w/ Terminator Armor- 270 pts.
Wolf Priest w/ Meltabombs, Wolftooth Necklace- 115 pts.

ELITE
Wolf Guard Pack;
-4x w/ Terminator Armor, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield- 252 pts. (OUCH!)
-1 w/ Terminator Armor, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer- 53 pts. (OUCH AGAIN!)
-Land Raider Crusader w/ Multi-Melta- 260 pts. (TRIPLE OUCH!!!)

TROOPS
9x Grey Hunters w/ Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen; Rhino- 200 pts.
5x Grey Hunters w/ Meltagun; Razorback w/ Lascannon & twin-linked Plasmagun- 155 pts.
5x Grey Hunters w/ Meltagun; Razorback w/ Lascannon & twin-linked Plasmagun- 155 pts.
5x Grey Hunters w/ Meltagun; Razorback w/ twin-linked Lascannon- 155 pts.
5x Grey Hunters w/ Meltagun; Razorback w/ twin-linked Lascannon- 155 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Long Fangs;
-Pack Leader
-4x Long Fangs w/ Missile Launcher
115 pts.
Long Fangs;
-Pack Leader
-4x Long Fangs w/ Missile Launcher
115 pts.

TOTAL
2,000 pts.

Okay, Njal goes with the Wolf Guard Terminators and the Wolf Priest goes in with the big pack of Grey Hunters. These are my hammer units. The other four Grey Hunter packs are there to grab objectives and lend close-in fire support.

That Wolf Guard Terminator pack had better hit like a ton of bricks, because if not that's 835 points just standing there picking its nose (or worse, getting massacred by Death Company). That, my friends, is why the Internet says that the unit is too expensive. I guess I'll see on Tuesday, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment