Monday, June 17, 2013

In The Emperor's Name- Dark Angels

Dark Angels Strike Team Astrael
I spent some time this weekend working on a few models for In the Emperor's Name, a 40k skirmish scale game using an interesting set of rules. Combat is fast and bloody, but unfortunately the rules are a bit scattered to the winds. I've been able to (for the most part) get them together in my hands, but I don't think I have the entire weapon statistics page. What I do have is a collection of weapon costs and ranges, but not a list of special rules that apply to them. It's enough to get started though, and provided I can:

A) find an opponent
and
B) enjoy the game

I'll start a profile on their forums and ask for some clarity as to the nature of some weapons. For now I'm just painting up retinues for the game, and the first to be completed is my Dark Angels. Here are some individual pics of the minis:

Librarian Astrael



Brother Erasmus



Brother Sephiroth
Brother Elazul
Brother Lazarus




I'm pleased with how they came out, and while not my greatest accomplishments ever, I think they're to a higher standard than I normally paint. Next project: Chaos Space Marines for them to do battle with. Let's see how I paint red and black.

No comments:

Post a Comment