Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Ponderance of Cobras

I suppose you could call me a "cobra commander".

Nope, that's not some term for a large volume of cobras, that's what I'm doing right now.

Thinking about Cobras.

Do I really need two right now? I mean I one-shotted several walkers yesterday, and that makes me think about the need for walkers. Granted, they have their place in an army, and for the most part I have found that it is folly to do without them, but two Cobra walkers has shown me one thing- they provide a shooting gallery for anti-walker walkers (I'm looking at you, Wotan). I lose them before they get into position, and that's just a plain ol' waste of points. Now, I'm not saying they're done for in my army, but I'm wondering if two is overkill. Maybe it's just Demitra rolling hot dice. Maybe I just don't know how to use them properly. Maybe I'm just plain old unlucky. Whatever the reason, with my tendancy to watch my walkers go *poof* I want to downplay their role in my army.

A while ago I posted this picture:
It doesn't have the three walkers I run currently, but the two that are there present a very real threat. It's a pretty well-rounded force, and I figured I'd put a new spin on it:

Faction: Allies ( 300 / 300 )

---  Combat Platoon (153)
Upgrade: Additional Resources (10)
Command Section: "The Boss" Ranger Command Squad (25)
1st Section: "BBQ Squad" Assault Ranger Squad (21)
3rd Section: "Death Dealers" Ranger Weapon Squad (20)
    + M9-D Bazookas (1)
4th Section: "Death Dealers" Ranger Weapon Squad (20)
    + M9-D Bazookas (1)
Support: MCW M3-D "Cobra" (35)
Support: "Crack Shots" Sniper Team (12)
Support: "13 Foxtrot" Observer Team (8)

---  Elite Platoon (147)
Command Section: Rhino (22, Hero)
1st Section: "The Hammers" Heavy Ranger Assault Squad (28)
2nd Section: "Grim Reapers" Heavy Ranger Attack Squad (30)
4th Section: "Tank Busters" Heavy Ranger Tank Hunter Squad (35)
Support: LAW M1-A "Wildfire" (20)
Support: "Crack Shots" Sniper Team (12)

The basic force is the same, it just has the upgraded Death Dealers that I wasn't able to run before (no Operation Hades) and it also has some spotters to call in my Long Tom strike and allow my command section to (hopefully) stay out of harm's way.

Now I just need to Dullcote my newly painted dudes. Word is I'll be able to use the camera again soon, so I'll be able to post nicer pictures of my stuff.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment