Tuesday, October 1, 2013
The Dust Tactics crates were just sprayed over with silver spray paint and then gone over with Tamiya Smoke. I figured that they wouldn't spend as much time outside as the chemical tanks, so I opted to make them look dirrty, but not so much rusty.
The tanks on the other hand are constantly exposed to the elements, so they needed to look as grungy and nasty as I could get them. A base coat of Warplock Bronze brushed over with Leadbelcher did the trick. I'll have a proper looking industrial site soon enough.
While I was in the middle of putting all this together I found that I had run out of wood glue. This stuff bonds amazingly well and holds the ballast I use to texture my terrain firmly in place, so this would not do at all. Off I ran to Michaels to refill my supplies.
When I got home I assembled everything and rooted around my apartment. Eventually I found some GW cavalry bases to glue to the top to look like vents. I grabbed a couple of the plasticard tiles I have laying around and glued them to the doors I had created. Once dry it was ballast time, and then outside.
I found that I had a can of Army Painter green spray paint laying around from when I put together my Skaven army, so I decided that I wouldn't have yet another entirely metallic piece for my table. I hosed them down, douched up some of the areas with my usual rusty look, and voila! Yet another piece that jams up vision nicely. I'm still wondering if I should wash them with something to make them look beat up and to bring out the detail. I'll have to ponder that at work. I wasn't able to use any of these pieces terrain in my game against Demitra today since they were still drying, but I should be able to throw them down on the table tomorrow.