Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another Quickie Post From Work

Well, looks like my Ogres will be facing off against the Lizardmen  tomorrow. I'm a little scared since I'll be facing off against a player who has a superior command of his army (I played about two games with my original Ogre army about three years ago). My plan is to stick to my plan. Form a rigid battle line, ignore as much poison as possible, and go straight for the throat. I don't have the armor or assets to piddle around with skinks, all my focus needs to be on squishing that Slann.

Magical superiority will have to be abandoned, and I'll just have to weather the inevetable hell storm of offensive magic coming my way. Bull Charges and salvoes of attacks wil be the order of the day.

That stupid Stegadon may just have to have a run-in with my Tyrant if at all possible.

Another potential issue arises with the big mass of Temple Guard surrounding the Slann. This unit will have to be combination-charged in order to be dealt with. Models with two Strength 5 attacks each are not to be trifled with.

Of course, as they say, "no plan survives contact with the enemy". We'll just have to see how things pan out.

...That reminds me! I need to bick up a pack or two of movement trays. Those big units will be too much of a bear to scoot around one ogre at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment