Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chaos Cultists Painted- More Importantly, Army Done!!!

That's right, the last ten Chaos Cultists are fully painted! Those of you who are old-school GW players may recognize them:

Old-schoolie.
Yep, they're House Escher models from the good ol' days of GW, the time period around which I first got into "the hobby", Necromunda. For those of you who aren't old enough or just plain don't date back in wargaming far enough to know these minis, I used to play this campaign based skirmish at GW Fairfax (the first GW in the USA, FYI) back in the '90s. Those were the days. Back when the company cared about their games, and more importantly their customers.

But what right do I have to gripe? I still buy their stuff and play their games (40k at least).

...But now I'm way off track. The point is, I have a fully painted army!!! Let me tell you, there is very little in wargaming better than arraying your fully painted soldiers across from your opponent's grey plastic horde with a smug look on your face. Very little other than two fully painted armies facing off across a fully realized dedicated wargaming table.

Twenty Cultists. Not too bad for a unit that's there to do nothing.
In the end this army was actually a joy to paint, and I'm pleased with the final result. Now to get a correctly sized foam tray to hold all these dudes so I can test them at one of my three FLGSs. There's got to be somebody out there who's looking for a game, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment