Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hot List-Building Action!

Still a dark picture, but it's what I have.
My Lascannons arrived today (as did the email saying they had shipped) and so I have begun assembling my final Havocs. While I was up to that I realized I hadn't posted my finalized (of so I hope) army list. It has changed (again) since Tuesday, as I had a learning experience. There is nothing that 25 Chaos Cultists can do that 20 Cultists can't do just as well (i.e. squatting on objectives or getting gunned down or both). With these points in hand I went about upgrading both my Sorcerer and Chaos Lord with invulnerable saves. A 4++ for the Sorcerer and a 5++ for the Chaos Lord. Since they're going to just wander through combats challenging everything that moves, I might as well buy them insurance policies. Especially my non combat-wombat warlord, as the last thing I want is him getting torn to shreds in melee.

Granted, he was great at hacking apart Death Company, and he should have offed that Blood Angel Chaplain twice, but that's still not where he'd like to be. He's not blessed with extremely high Weapon Skill or Attacks, he's not especially strong, and if he wins a challenge there's a chance he could turn into a Chaos Spawn. That's not so good.


So what is my army now composed of?

HQ
Sorcerer (warlord) w/ level 3 psyker, melta bombs, sigil of corruption- 140 pts.
Chaos Lord w/ lightning claw, melta bombs, aura of dark glory, The Burning Brand of Skalathrax- 130 pts.

TROOPS
19 Chaos Cultists w/ 5 autoguns; Cultist Champion- (20 models) 95 pts.
9 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 plasma guns; Aspiring Champion w/ power sword, melta bombs- (10 models) 190 pts.
9 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 plasma guns; Aspiring Champion w/ power sword, melta bombs- (10 models) 190 pts.
9 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 plasma guns; Aspiring Champion w/ power sword, melta bombs- (10 models) 190 pts.
9 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 plasma guns; Aspiring Champion w/ power sword, melta bombs- (10 models) 190 pts.

FAST ATTACK
Heldrake w/ baleflamer- 170 pts.
Heldrake w/ baleflamer- 170 pts.

HEAVY SUPPORT
4 Havocs w/ 4 autocannons, Aspiring Champion- (5 models)- 115 pts.
4 Havocs w/ 4 autocannons, Aspiring Champion- (5 models)- 115 pts.
4 Havocs w/ 4 lascannons, Aspiring Champion- (5 models)- 155 pts.


A much more mobile firebase is now the backbone of my army, with 8 plasma guns laying down covering fire for me. Over their heads will rain 8 autocannons and 4 lascannons worth of covering fire as Heldrakes swoop in for the kill. This variation appears to be the most hopeful variant of my army, now for more extensive playtesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment